Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jeremiah School : Written On My Heart

About 2 months has passed since JS ended. However, I still reminisce the times we had together during this time, where I felt something I never experienced before in my life. Suddenly felt like blogging about it. It only lasted for 2 months, but the memories there will surely last for a lifetime. This is my story......

At first, I was very reluctant to go for JS as I thought that the people there were 'bible freaks' who would stone me to death for every single mistake I did while I was there. I felt very scared with the idea of going there alone with no one I knew at all. It was only during Youthquake 2010 that I realised that some people I knew were going too. I actually felt a little bit relieved when I knew that Titus was going too. However, that did not change my perception about JS because I have had a high regard for Titus' spirituality when I saw him lead in bible study about 3-4 years ago. The other people I knew that were going too were Ian (who was in the same devotion group with me during Youthquake), Zhi Wei (whom I only knew as Bathsheba), Joanna (who was in the same devotional group with me during YLDP 2008) and Eric (who was in the same team building group as me during YLDP 2008). I always thought that someone from Penang Wesley or Penang Trinity would come. Sadly, Joella could not make it too.

On the 3rd or January, I stayed in Titus' house for a night before going to Seremban by bus the next morning. As Daniel, Titus' brother was telling us some of his experiences in JS, I became more and more cuious about it. Like all Jeremiah School alumni like to say, "You go then you know-lah..". I was still sceptical about going as I had no idea at all what would await me there. However, I went with an expectant heart since I had no choice, but to go. That night, I met Jeremiah, whom I did not meet before. He looked serious on the first meeting. It was soon that I realised that he was just the total opposite.

I woke up early the next morning, about 4.30 am. I was both excited and nervous at the same time, as I thought that I was an introvert, not being able to make friends easily. I just hopped onto the bus, trying to sleep all journey, till it became too cold. The bus conductor was also another joker, making Titus, Jay and I wanna whack him properly. Haha.. Lets not elaborate on that. XD

We reached Seremban about 7.00 pm, where Sieh Jin was waiting for us. We then met Joshua and James. Initially, I thought that James was also an extrovert, bombing him with lots of questions and jokes. He did not respond well. We thought that he was just probably shy, continuing to make things worst by our lame jokes. Hahaha.. We then went for dinner before reaching Golden Sands Baptist Center about 8.30 pm. Everyone was looking at us when we arrived. Joshua was wearing the right T-shirt for the occasion. It said, "Sorry, I'm Late". Hahaha..

After we were briefed, we were put into our groups. Together with me in my group was John, Su Ee, Beatrice and Eva. I still remember the time when I did not know how to pronounce Beatrice's name, calling her Batteries.. Hahaha.. During breakfast the next morning when Cindel told me her name, I heard Seatbelt. Hahaha.. This shows how bad I am with names.. ^^ There was once, I think on the third day, when I called Denise, Rachael. Hahaha.. I got confused with the names.

Obviously, there is too much to say here. I just want to say that all these memories will be written on my heart for the rest of my life. All of you will be written on my hearts too.

6 comments:

  1. muahahaha!! Beatrice SO doesn't sound like Seatbelt!! >< blurr case :p .. but still.. i miss all of you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said ur name sounds like seatbelt lerh, cindel.. Nt beatrice.. Her name sounds lik batteries.. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, Samuel!!! I was laughing my head off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jolishfe is Joanne Lim, Sam. Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete