Monday, April 4, 2011

After a long break from blogging.....

What am I to say now?? Nothing much, really except that MY DAD GOT ME A NEW LAPTOP!!! XDDD
I got it about a week ago, after I got my SPM results.. I was kinda preoccupied with it, transferring stuff from my old computers to it, downloading new games (which my PC couldn't support before this XD) etc..
My mom complained much about initially, as it was white in colour.. You know... Moms..... She was totally afraid that it would get dirty etc.. Haha.. 


Apart from that, quiet time has been really tough for me. I am currently doing the book of Galatians. My dad told me that it was a simple and straight forward book.. Yea right... There were things which were like, 'What the crap does it mean' to me.. Haha.. No one seems to be able to decipher what it means, including commentaries. A good example would be Galatians 2:19 - For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.
My dad keeps telling me that I should just accept things the way they are, without going too deep. What can I do about it? My mind is already wired that way. *Sighs* What can I do? I just need to continue praying for answers, because I believe that a strong ground in my doctrine is the only key to my unshakable faith in Christ. Many people keep saying that I have no faith by asking such questions about the Bible *bla bla bla* They insist that I should just accept things the way they are by faith. I can accept it by faith, but my understanding about these so called theological or doctrinal stuff actually strengthens my faith in Christ. The writings of Paul themselves show solid evidence, with logical arguments of our very own faith. We often do not know what we actually believe in; why do we actually follow these practices and believe in these things? If we have a solid foundation in the word, these questions will never be able to shake our faith. I say these things from experience. Even strong Christians can be shaken with this question, "What if God does not exist? Does it mean that all these things I have done all this while has been in vain?" My answer would be again, to know the doctrine of the existence of God. Currently in Galatians, the main point of this epistle is to combat the false teachings of Judaizers who insist that we need to obey the Mozaic law to be saved, apart from having faith in Christ. They're arguments are indeed very convincing. However, if we know the Word well, just as Paul was, our faith will never be shaken by anything, even though our life is at stake, for we know that we are serving a living God who loves us and cares for us. 


Lets sway from the long (boring) topic of doctrine.. Haha.. Hopefully, I will be uploading a new video on YOUTUBE tomorrow. Its a crazy mash-up of Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars, Hey Soul Sister by Train, Don't Stop Believing by Journey (Glee) and Everytime by Britney Spears. I know the last song is kinda outdated. But I really lurve that song very much. I hope you will enjoy it. 


By the way, I STILL MISS JS VERY MUCH!!! I know that its time for us to move on with life, answer God's calling into whatever He has called us into etc. However, I still miss the fun we had, savouring God's love everyday, spending time with each other, annoying each other with our individual antics, eating ice cream bought from the guy on the motorbike, laughing our hearts out etc. These memories still linger in my mind, while the sound of us laughing and talking still rings in my ears. Its really hard not being able to keep in touch with you people often as some of you have moved on to college, some of you are busy etc. Even for myself, I find myself being preoccupied with my own stuff that I do not talk to a single JS friend for a few days in a row. Tears still threaten to escape my eyes everytime I reminisce the times we had together, face stuffing, eating biscuits coated with sugar, talking crap all day long. It will indeed be something I will always look back to, no matter where I go. Sad to say, we may have to part ways very soon. Even for now, after a mere month after JS, there are those whom we have lost contact with totally. What happened along the way????


Did you wonder why I said that we may have to part ways very soon? I have applied for many many scholarships. In my JPA application, I applied for a German engineering scholarship. In my Astro scholarship application, I listed down my choices in US and UK. If its God's will for me to attain the scholarship, the oceans which set us apart will surely take a toll on our relationships, even with my school friends, church friends etc. I am thankful that there is something called FACEBOOK nowadays.. Haha.. Hope to keep in touch with every single one of my friends wherever I am. For Joshua Lim, I will always remember my promise to be your wedding pianist. For Cindel and Joel, I will remember what I promised you, to be your ..................XD.. 


I could write all day if I wanted to. But I have to remember that this is just a blog.. Haha..
God willing, there will surely be another post sometime soon.. 
Chiao..






1 comment:

  1. Aww.... Sam... Your post is so touching :') .. I miss all of you too Sam.. But if any of us are really going overseas, if we are parted by distance, it doesn't matter cause we still treasure each other in our hearts.. And I trust that God has His wonderful plan for us to always meet again.. haha yea yea, thanks for the promise :p .. We shall invite you to our wedding larrr haha! Love you Sam... hope to chat with you soon! God bless youuuu :)

    ReplyDelete